By R. C. Terry
Anthony Trollope was once a submit place of work surveyor, author, editor and international vacationer. This chronology combines genuine info with remark and anecdote from his broad contacts. it's also short debts of his released works and reactions to them, bridging observation and indices of individuals and areas, so aiming to mix a readable narrative with a short reference consultant to the lifestyles and paintings of this busy guy of Victorian letters. R.C.Terry can be writer of "Anthony Trollope: The Artist in Hiding" and "Victorian well known Fiction, 1860-80" and editor of "Trollope: Interviews and Recollections".
Read Online or Download A Trollope Chronology PDF
Best criticism & theory books
In Poe, Fuller, and the Mesmeric Arts, Bruce generators examines how the writings of Edgar Allan Poe and Margaret Fuller draw from representations of and theories touching on animal magnetism, somnambulism, or hypnosis rendered in newspapers, literary and clinical journals, pamphlets, and books. even supposing a few fresh reviews have started to think about the relevance of animal magnetism or mesmerism to nineteenth-century literature and tradition, this ebook strikes extra deeply into what will be termed the canon of mesmeric research.
-- provides crucial 20th-century feedback on significant works from The Odyssey via smooth literature-- The severe essays mirror various faculties of criticism-- includes serious biographies, notes at the contributing critics, a chronology of the author's existence, and an index
Baby language is a topic during which everyone seems to be knowledgeable. All mom and dad learn their kid's language conscientiously, if undeliberately, and each family members has its worthy thoughts of the original verbal improvisations of formative years. For writers who consistently fight with and luxuriate in the mysteries of language, the language of youngsters holds a different charm.
- Shelley’s Poetic Thoughts
- Sentimental Bodies
- The Scapegoat
- Romantic Vision, Ethical Context: Novalis and Artisitic Autonomy (Theory & History of Literature)
- Where the Southern Cross the Yellow Dog: On Writers and Writing
- The Bronte Sisters and George Eliot: A Unity of Difference
Additional resources for A Trollope Chronology
4-24 November Travels to Channel Islands as part of his western mission. His report contains a special recommendation: 'I believe that a plan has obtained in France of fitting up letter boxes in posts fixed at the road side, and it may perhaps be thought adviseable to try the operation of this system in St Heliers [sic] . . I think that the public may safely be invited to use such boxes for depositing their letters' (S, p. 26). ] 21 December Returns to southern Ireland (until 11 Mar 1852) at the urgent request of his superior, but his valuable service revising rural posts in England prompts Hill to have him perform the same task in Wales.
14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. A Trollope Chronology Interviews and Recollections, ed. R. C. Terry (1987). Other abbreviated forms may be checked in the List of Abbreviations and Short Titles following. The Revd Edward Bradley (1827-89), pen name 'Cuthbert Bede', author of The Adventures of Mr Verdant Green (1854) and other comic novels of university life. Anne Isabella Thackeray (1837-1919), Thackeray's elder daughter and author of The Story of Elizabeth (1862) and other popular novels. E, p. 170. Henry James (1843-1916) had first-hand evidence; he was aboard the same ship, the Bothnin, out of New York in the rough crossing season of November 1875.
H. Davidson (South Africa). I also acknowledge the help of D. Wainwright, Curator of the Morris L. Parrish Collection of Victorian Novelists, Princeton University Library. I wish to thank staffs of the following libraries: the University of Illinois, Boston Public Library, the University of London, the Bodleian, and the British Library and Newspaper Library. Colleagues at the University of Victoria Library, especially in its interlibrary loan section, have been most helpful. I also thank the University of Victoria for research funds enabling me to undertake research for this book in London, Oxford, Princeton and Boston.