By Paolo Atzeni (auth.), Yannis Manolopoulos, Pavol Návrat (eds.)
This booklet constitutes the refereed court cases of the sixth East eu convention on Advances in Databases and data structures ADBIS 2002, held in Bratislava, Slovakia in September 2002.
The 25 revised complete papers and four brief papers provided including three invited papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from one hundred fifteen submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on info mining and information discovery, cellular databases, spatiotemporal and spatial databases, multidimensional databases and data structures, object-oriented and deductive databases, facts modeling and workfows, internet databases and semistructured facts, and complex structures and applications.
Read or Download Advances in Databases and Information Systems: 6th East European Conference, ADBIS 2002 Bratislava, Slovakia, September 8–11, 2002 Proceedings PDF
Similar international conferences and symposiums books
Welcome to Santiago de Compostela! we're happy to host the twenty seventh Annual EuropeanConferenceonInformationRetrievalResearch(ECIR2005)onits? rst stopover at to Spain. those complaints include the refereed complete papers and poster abstracts p- sented at ECIR 2005. This convention used to be at first verified through the Infor- tion Retrieval expert workforce of the British laptop Society (BCS-IRSG) less than the identify “Annual Colloquium on info Retrieval learn.
Th Thisvolumecontainsthepaperspresentedatthe13 SDL Forum,Paris,France entitled “Design for in charge platforms” and re? ects the purpose to have a b- ance among adventure experiences and study papers concerning method layout Languages. The language that was once on the middle of the ? rst few SDL boards used to be the ITU-T Speci?
Listening to Cultures is a well timed exam of the elusive, frequently evocative, and occasionally cacophonous auditory experience. It solutions such interesting questions as: Did humans in Shakespeare's time pay attention otherwise from us? In what means does know-how impact our ears? Why do humans in Egypt more and more hearken to taped spiritual sermons?
This quantity provides the complaints of the 14th overseas convention at the Foundations of software program know-how and Theoretical machine technology, FST&TCS-14, held in Madras, India in December 1994. along with the 5 invited papers via famous researchers, it contains 31 complete refereed learn papers chosen out of a complete of a hundred and forty submissions.
- Digital Earth Moving: First International Symposium, DEM 2001 Manno, Switzerland, September 5–7, 2001 Proceedings
- Knowledge Discovery in Inductive Databases: 4th International Workshop, KDID 2005, Porto, Portugal, October 3, 2005, Revised Selected and Invited Papers
- Distributed Computing: 16th International Conference, DISC 2002 Toulouse, France, October 28–30, 2002 Proceedings
- Genetic Programming: 8th European Conference, EuroGP 2005, Lausanne, Switzerland, March 30 - April 1, 2005. Proceedings
- Graphics Recognition Recent Advances: Third International Workshop, GREC’ 99 Jaipur, India, September 26–27, 1999 Selected Papers
Additional info for Advances in Databases and Information Systems: 6th East European Conference, ADBIS 2002 Bratislava, Slovakia, September 8–11, 2002 Proceedings
5. , On Privacy Homomorphisms, in: D. L. , Advances in Cryptology-Eurocrypt ’87, Springer, Berlin, 1988. 6. , Collaborative Filtering with Privacy. ppt, 2001. 7. : Private Information Retrieval. 41-50, New York, 1995 8. , Cryptography and Data Security, Addison-Wesley, 1982. 9. 277-282, December 1996. 10. 65-74, June 1997. 11. , and Herrera-Joanconmartí, A Privacy Homomorphism Allowing Field Operations on Encrypted Data, Jornades de Matemàtica Discreta i Algorísmica, Barcelona 1998. 22 Claus Boyens and Oliver Günther 12.
Y. Manolopoulos and P. ): ADBIS 2002, LNCS 2435, pp. 37–50, 2002. c Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2002 38 Chris Giannella dependencies also represent interesting patterns contained in r. The discovery of AFDs can be valuable to domain experts. For example, paraphrasing from  page 100: an AFD in a table of chemical compounds relating various structural attributes to carcinogenicity could provide valuable hints to biochemists for potential causes of cancer (but cannot be taken as a fact without further analysis by domain specialists).
This obviously translates into additional communication and handling charges. Second, one could assign the sensitive operations (such as the comparison against a constant, or a sorting operation) to a secure 20 Claus Boyens and Oliver Günther coprocessor at the server site. This, however, may imply a decrease in performance because of the inherent processing restrictions of the coprocessor. 3 Implementation If one accepts the basic idea that privacy homomorphisms are a useful approach to solving privacy problems in service architectures, one should think about ways to implement this approach.